The 17 Day Diet (revision: updated to The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition) is a book which, according to its publishers, has been created to encourage dieters to be able to accomplish rapid weight loss. The official website for the program says that this program is a “doctor’s plan”, which suggests that there is some professional knowledge behind its development.
The 17 Day Diet was written by Dr. Michael Rafael Moreno, who has a medical practice in San Diego, California. His focus is on the importance of regular daily exercise and healthy food consumption. Dr. Moreno’s credentials include having graduated from Hahnemann Medical School, and that he currently sits on the medical board for the American Academy of Family Physicians. He claims that his The 17 Day Diet book is a very simple program that any individual or family can use to live healthier and achieve a proper weight.
This plan is focused mainly on eliminating belly and visceral fat, which is an area where many dieters struggle to lose the weight. The 17 Day Diet has a number of different cycles which must be followed. Each of these cycles is designed to target and improve one of the systems of the body. By the end of the program, according to the marketers of the diet, it should have caused the metabolism to have increased, and the digestive system should be running much more efficiently.
It also states that the dieter should feel healthier overall as the weight comes off as a result of The 17 Day Diet, and that a more attractive physique will be the outcome. The book itself retails for $25, but for the complete program, there is also a DVD called The 17 Minute Workout DVD, which retails for about $15, and a 17 Day Diet Meal Plan (a “physician-designed” outline for one full week of meals), which retails for approximately $184.90.
- The official website offers a free BMI calculator
- It is a diet designed so that virtually anyone can use it to lose weight
- It is created by a doctor with solid credentials
- It is quite an expensive program if all of the different elements (book, DVD, and meal plan) are purchased.
- The official website does not reveal very much information about how the program actually works, which means that there is a risk in purchasing the products since a dieter could discover that it is not what was expected.
- The official website does not mention any type of satisfaction or money-back guarantee.